Monday, October 31, 2016

#35 October: Snippets: Journal

4th, Tuesday
"Registration for the new semester was OK. I mean, there's nothing much to tell. A and B were in charge of the academic part so when they saw my results they reacted..well..not in a way that I am pleased with, but whatevs. I don't ace exams to impress people. And words spread fast. Cos friend C knew my results when we met later that afternoon. Whatevs. I didn't disturb anyone's life and I didn't become that smartass/asshole (smartasshole?) I used to be (when I first entered that uni). I'm more like a hybrid of Mike Rosenberg and Jake Bugg now."

"He stared right into my soul when he saw me loitering around cos he saw me earlier on when I left. I think he's just nosy and thought I was about to cause havoc again by rebelling and revolutioning against the system again lol babi. I had a strong desire to flip the bird at him."

"Eventually Mdm. D appeared and well it was a quick meeting with her lol. She legitly said, 'Sapa nama awak tek oh? Nicholas?' which might sound like a mockery but it was a legit absent-minded question. I know the difference between mockery and pure blunder. Nicholas sounds like a good name though."

"He wasn't wearing his specs. Either on purpose or he forgot, idk. And I sort of found out that the reason why he rips the ticket at number 10 is simply because he rips it without looking at it. Sort of like an approximate rip, a bad one, in fact."

"It's either he's such a slo-mo relaxed man, or time seems to pass by so slowly, I don't know. Because it felt like forever while waiting for him to give back the change. I always don't know where to stare. I stared at a man dressed in some sort of uniform out of my window, then at his right hand, then back to the man outside, then at his left hand, then to the man again, and I was like now where should I stare?"

"I live in a society that misinterprets smiles and courtesy, so it's tricky."


6th, Thursday
"I'm so tired actually. Well, not physically tired. But I do feel like rolling in bed and falling asleep slowly but I had coffee quite late today, so I doubt the caffeine rush is going away anytime soon. And I have to wake up at 5am tomorrow. Curses."

"And I don't have to tell about the 20 sen that dropped into the puddle (blogged), or the about me essay Dr. E asked for (FB-ed), or the song I wrote as soon as I reached home and drank that canned coffee (IG-ed)."


7th, Friday
"He has a beautiful laugh. He explained .... very patiently. He should become a teacher or something. It's sad to think how a nice adult like him ended up doing a job that doesn't pay him much. But he looks like he's OK with it."

"Sometimes I wonder if Jesus crossed my path, in human form, would I be admiring him? Cos if humans can make you feel so good about life then once upon a time when Jesus was human surely people felt so good being around him eh? Life is so weird."


12th, Wednesday
"F, G, H, and J looked as if their souls were sucked away by dementors."

"I love these kids, and I'm proud to be with these underdogs."

"I reached the junction at __. If I took an extra sprint I bet all my Bahts I would've made it."


13th, Thursday
"Wow what a spectacular day--just because of one unusual decision that I made: I SKIPPED ONE OF MY CLASSES! HA! I feel so sinful yet so...proud of myself."

"There was yet another mentally ill man on the ride. Muttering stuffs. Threatening K. K looked unhappy. He looked so unhappy it broke my heart. Because this is a guy who was once a child with dreams and ambitions. He could be someone else. But look at him, trapped in a job with meager pay maybe because he doesn't have other options, or maybe he has lost all ambitions and goals. And the way he always raises his hands 3 or 4 times to the old man at the Timberland bus stop--damn it just breaks my heart. How can such a pleasant person end up living a shit life? Or is he really living a shit life? He's probably thinking he's living a blessed life--and well, that's good then."

"But at __ a van broke down and there's this bunch of men pushing it, singing so jovially. It was a happy, happy scene. Like dwarves and gnomes working together in harmony or something. We were actually directly behind them before we switched lanes. And lol, K smiled at them, and they grinned back. I bet the universe was also smiling."

"We ain't bros, we ain't amigos, but thank you for showing me that it's OK to end up living an average life. It's really OK."


14th, Friday
"They would not listen, they're not listening still. Perhaps they never will..."


18th, Tuesday
"After the attack of the monster, I was determined to have a day off--a library day, a Tuesday library day like what I used to have. I was very afraid. Afraid that the big hand would come back. It was squeezing my brain, and I almost thought I'd fall back."

"It shocked me this morning--the way I felt when I settled down at the bus stop. After two Tuesdays of not having any 'Library Days', I think I've lost the feeling. At 9am it's already too sunny and bright already. 6am rides seem more appealing. L was on an unfamiliar bus. It was a good ride, but I've lost the sense of familiarity and fondness I used to have about my Tuesday Library Days, so I think I'm fine of letting it go slowly right now. It's surprising, but I think I've adapted well to my 6am routine."

"M was at the main counter. I hate the way he looks at me."


19th, Wednesday
"I feel so physically tired right now. I guess it's normal when you've been awake since 5am."


21st, Friday
"Let's forget how I slept my way through the minutes of waiting for class to start, and my journey to the classroom greeted by an overly enthusiastic N. Wanker."


25th, Tuesday
"Today was surprisingly good. I mean, heck, I thought my Tuesday routine is forever gone but today was perfect."

"At Batu 7 the mentally ill man hopped on and sat behind me. He didn't stop blowing his nose. He almost started an ugly scene with an elderly man, although I really have to say he actually had good intentions."

"At Jalan Masjid the workers were cutting down the palm trees. Sadly I didn't take any photos. I thought I could snap some later but when I returned there at 3 all trees were already gone lol."

"I asked P whether I can start borrowing the new books. I NOW HAZ CARL SAGAN'S COSMOS WITH ME YUUUHUUU!"

"The handsome man borrowed __. I no longer like him after seeing that he did not push in his chair when he left the library."

"He's so generous with his smiles but not everyone returns it. Like me."

"It was a pleasant ride. The usual man wearing the golf cap hopped on at __. I like the way he stares out of the window. Like me."

"He shakes the cans until the drink bubbles up and flows out once opened. It's damn weird because by doing so you get your hands dirty and sticky but ugh, to each his own." 


26th, Wednesday
"Well today is something like 3.5/5 because it was OK but not perfect. I mean a lot of things could've been different in a better way if I took different actions but oh well you can't have it all."

"I think I missed Q's bus. I had to wait for R's bus. Not fun. The bus ride was a mess. Not fun, standing (and sitting) without personal space like that. Very unfun. Sobs. But I ended up sitting next to a pleasant young lady who actually legitly smiled at me."

"I hopped on after hopping over a puddle like a badass ballerina."

"I just gave him something like an angsty teen glance."


28th, Friday
"I had the same bus to college, and the same bus back. (Ugh.)"

"Class was OK btw. Like wow, not bad. S actually smiled."


Things I've learnt this October:
-I like a lot of people. I also hate a lot of people.
-Bus rides are still cool. Except for when they're full. 
-Class got better. And maybe it's getting better from here. 
-Some days were perfect, some days were meh, some days were disastrous.
-Some days I felt like I can conquer the world, some days I felt like a mess.

.

No comments: